Thursday, December 17, 2009

Officially an Alum

G uess what?  On Tuesday, I had my last class as a college undergraduate!  Yep, I'm officially Erin Ellis B.A. and it feels great!  I finished up my last day of student teaching last Friday, and had two days of classes on campus including my student teaching exit interview (which I passed with flying colors).  It's been a pretty busy week what with it being finals week, people moving in and out of the dorm, and Tyler having his last week of school, but he still managed to find time to send me these beautiful flowers as a congratulations to my "graduating."



Ouachita has done away with December commencement, so even though I am officially done and will get my diploma, I'll have to wait until May to actually participate in a ceremony and walk.  That doesn't bother me though, because I will just join all of my friends when they graduate in May.  It has been such a wonderful week.  Tyler and I are getting ready to drive back to Allen to be with our families and friends over the Christmas break, and I can't wait to get there and start playing games and catching up!  I'm looking forward to our first Christmas together.  It may seem a little weird at first, but I'm glad we'll be together for everything.  Even though we have been together for so long, we have never officially spent a Christmas morning together.  We've always stayed with our families, so this year is going to be even better!  In other news, I just signed my contract with Ouachita Baptist University.



I am now a Hall Director and Assistant Director of Campus Activities!  This is me signing my contract!



Tyler and I are very thankful for the new salary we will be getting come January, and hopefully we can start all that saving that we planned on doing since we got married!  That's about it for us in Arkadelphia, can't wait to see everyone when we get back to Allen!  Until then, Merry Christmas!

1 comment:

  1. Why does it look like you signed the contract in a dark room with Tyler shining a flashlight over your shoulder? JUUUUUUUUUUUUUUST Kidding. Love you, can't wait to see you Saturday!

    ReplyDelete