Thursday, July 15, 2010

Fourth of July

      Okay, so I'm behind on my blogging...just now talking about the fourth of July!  Better late than never...right?  Last year, Tyler and I got to celebrate the fourth of July in Acapulco...we weren't that lucky this year, but we still had a blast here in Arkadelphia with lots of fun friends.  

      Tyler and I hosted the little get together at our tiny apartment.  I always forget that we don't exactly have a kitchen table to sit at, but I continue to invite multiple people over for dinner.  On the fourth, we had 10 adults (I think we are considered adults), one 3 year old, and one baby!  So it was pretty much a full house.  No matter how many of us there were, we made it work.  Tyler cooked burgers on the grill, and everyone was in charge of bringing something for side or drink.  It ended up being a delicious menu of corn casserole, salad, burgers, gatorade, tea, chips and queso, and homemade ice cream!  
      After dinner, we all headed to Lake DeGray so we could see the fireworks show. Too bad we were on the wrong side of the lake...boo.  We did manage to see a few of the fireworks...well, at least the ones that were high enough to pop over the trees.  However, we weren't totally devoid of a fireworks show.   
 Baby Cayden was a trooper!

      Some random guys decided to put on a little show of their own right next to us.  It included throwing some of the fireworks in the lake to see them light up underwater.  Most of the rest of them sat on the ground and sparkled...ohhh ahhh!  I'm happy though, we had a lot of fun and whether the fireworks were lame or not, I get to say I saw some on the fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment