Monday, June 20, 2011

Strawberry Pickin'

A few weeks ago, Becca, Bailey, and I went strawberry picking.  We live about 20 miles from a great orchard that lets you pick strawberries, peaches, blackberries, and blueberries when they are in season..and they are CHEAP.

Even though it was CRAZY hot, we braved the heat and each came home with over 5 pounds of strawberries for about $5...I couldn't believe it. 

Becca picking.

Me and Bailey picking.

Here we are with our loot.

Thanks for the idea Becca...and thanks for driving.


So what did I do with all the strawberries?  Well, after eating some, and freezing some, I decided to make homemade jam.  One of my summer goals is to home make 5 different foods that I would normally buy in the store.  So, I've already made bread (recipe and pictures to come), homemade butter, so duh...strawberry jam was a must.  It was awesome...too bad I forgot to take pictures of the finished product. 

No comments:

Post a Comment