Monday, February 25, 2013

It (Was) The Most Wonderful Time of the Year

I know...pushing my deadline to blog three times a month...again! Oh well, we make it happen here folks. So, since I've finally uploaded pictures from our Christmas, I'll share with you what the Ellis (Tyler and Erin) Christmas looks like!

Also, like mother like daughter, I tend to pour my heart and soul into decorating for the season...Christmas tree in every room...check almost check! Here are some pictures from our lovely home during Christmas:

 Living Room and Fireplace
Again...so cozy!
Fireplace up closer...see our stockings! Also, the fireplace was amazing. We went through a lot of wood this Christmas, and I am sad the cold weather didn't last longer so we could still cuddle next to the fire. In fact, one of my favorite things we did was pull our mattress out to the living room and watch movies by the fire! Tradition...YES!
These are the tree jars we made during Girls weekend! They turned out so cute.
This Christmas tree (Christmas Tree #1) is full of nativity ornaments that Tyler's mom gave me. They all fit perfectly!

  
Saw these Santa Gnomes (?) at Spice and had to make my own. I love the way they turned out...I'll probably need to come up with some names for them...any suggestions?
 
Here are our stockings. I tried to get new ones this year, but Tyler didn't want to let them go...after all they were our first stockings.

Candy cane jar...nothing too special.

Here's the table behind our couch. I made the garland from scraps of fabric and the Santa under the table belonged to my Grammie (dad's mom). It is so fun to fill my house with some of their things. Our Christmas tree skirt was also hers. 

Speaking of Christmas tree:
 Christmas Tree #2
 I took way too many pictures of it...but I just loved it so much. Here are more...


One of my favorite things this year was our Christmas card collection. We have never gotten so many cards before. I smiled every time I walked by this...and Tyler knocked off three or four every time he walked by this. And of course...couldn't put them back without more falling off...it was a good lesson in marriage...can't wait to see what we learn about each other next year when we have (hopefully) more cards on this thing!
 

Apothecary jars filled with ornaments and pine cones, and cute Christmas sign my mom painted for me.

Here is the Christmas tree in our bedroom:
 Christmas Tree #3
 This tree holds all of the ornaments that Tyler and I have given each other since we started dating. There are now 20 ornaments on this tree folks! 

 

This church was a part of a huge collection of village buildings that my Grandma (mom's mom) had. When she passed away, everyone took a piece of the collection. I absolutely love this, and it lights up!

Bathroom!
 
  
We made the Christmas tree and star garland during our girls weekend. They were so easy...way to go Lynley and Danielle.
 
  

 Christmas Tree #4

And I have already purchased Christmas Tree #5...can't wait to put it up next year...not really sure where it's going, but it will be up! Also, had to buy another plastic container to hold all of our new decorations this year. Poor Tyler...so thankful he's a good sport about all of it! Merry Christmas (two months later)!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment