Emma Mechelle...I don't think a day goes by when I don't ask myself what I did to deserve such a wonderful little girl! Seriously, you are so well-behaved, beautiful, fun, and smiley! You seem to be one of the happiest babies I've ever known, and it' the most wonderful feeling to watch you smile back at me...multiple times a day! Even though this is your two month post, you have officially been with us for almost eleven weeks. Sometimes I think, "wow, it's been such a long time that you've been with us." And other times I think, "HOLY COW...what have we done for the past eleven weeks?!" Well, here's a list of some of the things we've done:
- We take lots more walks these days (Fall is finally here, so the weather has been extra cooperative with us)! You really like to look at things in nature...trees, leaves, etc. We found a pine cone the other day and some acorns too!
- We have been traveling A LOT!!! In fact, we have spent the last four weekends traveling. We have mostly been driving back and forth between Allen and Waco, but one of those weekends we went to Round Top to meet up with your Great Aunt Nancy. You were a trooper...all day in and out of the car, sitting through traffic, and hanging out (literally) in the Baby Bjorn carrier! Here are a few pictures from the weekend:
- During one of our trips to Allen, we got to be a part of Uncle Jeremy and Aunt Meli's wedding! It was beautiful, intimate, and perfect! You were a bit hit as well...that's when you met your Great Grandparents for the first time...not to mention lots of other aunts, uncles, and close family friends who had been dying to meet you!
- Our trip to Round Top and one of our trips to Allen was also the first and second times you spent the night away from your Daddy. Your Daddy is a very important person, and he had to travel to Tampa, Florida to present at a national conference. We did not like being away from him, but we were so happy to get to pick him up from the airport and spend the rest of our weekend with him!
- Another thing we did this month was meet your boyfriend and future husband Turner Tolleson! He's a looker, and we've now had two different dates with him. If he is anything like his parents, your dad and I already approve of the marriage!
Other than all the traveling, we've pretty much been hanging out at home and around Waco. You love going shopping, and you are always a very well-behaved girl when we are. And just so I can keep a running list of things that you love (and to make sure I don't forget anything) here are a few of your favorite things:
- Diaper Changes
- Your play mat...you absolutely LOVE that thing. You are getting closer and closer to actually reaching out and grabbing all of the toys that hang around you. You are really good at kicking and punching them though. You are also very chatty when you are on your mat. You coo like crazy!
- Riding in the car
- Bath time...whenever we pour the warm water on your legs, arms, and especially your belly!
- Ceiling fans...you can find them anywhere!
- The gallery wall in our apartment
- Your rock-a-roo...thank goodness for that thing!
- Mirrors...it is hillarious! You could be screaming upset, and the second I put you in front of a mirror you get the biggest smile on your face! You are also a little bashful. When I show you your reflection and smile at you, you smile at yourself and then bury your head in my shoulder. It's ADORABLE!
Finally, a list of your favorite books! I have to catch you in a good mood (or at a time when you'll actually sit still long enough to read to) in order to get some good reading in, but when we do get reading time, you love it! And now, you're starting to actually look at the book and all of the pictures!
- If I Were A Duck (there are lots of things to touch in this book, and lots of bright colored pages!)
- Curious George (you love that crazy monkey...it doesn't matter which story we read about him!)
- We Go Together (we like to read this one to a beat...and you think it's hilarious!)
- Little Blue Truck Leads the Way
- Lemony Snicket: The Composer is Dead (Mommy does lots of funny voices when she reads this one!)
Lastly, here is a picture dump from her two month photo shoot. Enjoy this absolutely adorable little girl!