Monday, September 13, 2010

Good Times - Great Girls

Between the four of us girls (Lindsey, Lynley, Nikki, and me) it has always seemed very difficult to get together.  Ever since we left for school (4 years ago!) our schedules have always conflicted with each other, making it almost impossible to see each other more than twice a year.  However, last weekend, in a very last minute attempt to reunite...it happened!  Lynley missed our trip to Fayetteville last semester, so she decided to use her Labor Day weekend to visit Nikki.  Lindsey had already made plans to be in Fayetteville, so I was the only one left.  After a bit of convincing from the girls, and the okay from my supportive husband, I headed to Fayetteville too! 
Still waking up...hence the puffy face

I got in town Friday evening to find Nikki...yup...cleaning.  We met up with Lindsey and Lee at Mama Z's for some fabulous homemade spaghetti and meatballs.  Then, we waited for Lynley to get in town.  She's a bon-a-fide teacher now, so she had to wait to get off work before making the trip to Arkansas.  No problem, Say Yes to the Dress marathon anyone?  Lynley finally pulled in around 10:30, and we spent the evening...duh...talking.  And yeah, I was the first to fall asleep again :( 

The next day we headed out for lunch at Red Robbin (yummm).  With nothing else left on the agenda, I suggested we go to a place called Daisies and Olives.  None of us were extremely excited about going, but we went anyways.  I had been looking for some things to put on a wall in my apartment, and I was determined to find something.


Four girls, and two hours later...this is what we ended up with:


A little ridiculous I know, but we couldn't help ourselves.  Every time one of us found something cute, the other would say "oh my gosh, that's so cute...if you don't get it I'm getting it!" As a result of that, the mantle, a frame, and the welcome sign were thrown into the pile.  The rest of it was due to bad influence from each other:

"You have to get it...it's too cute!"
"This would look so good in your kitchen/bedroom/living room/anywhere!"
"What am I going to do with it?"
"You will definitely find a place for it...get it!"

And...if finding things to go in our homes wasn't enough, Lynley added an extra excuse of:

"This would look great in my classroom!"
"I could use these shelves for binders!"

Total inventory from the trip:
1 mantle
1 bench
2 empty frames
1 empty window pane
1 window
2 shutters
3 old crates
1 old bucket
1 canister
1 old army trunk
1 red side table/cabinet
2 signs (1 welcome, and 1 tomatoes sign)

I had to leave Saturday, but even though I was only there for a day, it was well worth the trip.  Love you girls!  Can't wait to do it again...SOON PLEASE!

No comments:

Post a Comment